Enjoy a quote video on courage! And, sign up to receive free daily quotes!
Create a Life Portrait!
Do you find it difficult to acknowledge your own accomplishments? Having created thousands of resumes for clients from all walks of life, I’m very familiar with the difficulty that people have in identifying not only their accomplishments but their strengths. I also know that it is very affirming for someone when they see their strengths written out. Clients often tell me how impressed with themselves they are after reading their new resume.
I began to wonder what a resume of someone’s life, rather than only their career, would look like. How helpful would a concise synopsis of one’s challenges and triumphs be? Would such an exercise help us gain a new respect for ourselves?
I took up the challenge and created one for myself. I found it much easier (and more fun!) than some life timelines I had worked on in the past. I also liked the positive emphasis of focusing on my strengths rather than my weaknesses.
I would encourage you to try this exercise yourself. If you would like a simple Word template, contact me below and I’ll send you one as well as some tips to create your own Life Portrait. If you would like my help, let me know that and I will send you information about my fees.
Creative and intuitive individual with passion for my own self-development and for inspiring other people to recognize their brilliance. Committed to nurturing family and personal relationships. Resourceful out-of-the-box thinker with entrepreneurial spirit; talent for suggesting resources and formulating new solutions to personal and professional problems. Value-centered; compassionate, empathetic, and caring.
Creative · Optimistic · Intuitive · Compassionate · Determined · Curious · Committed · Motivated · Idea Generator · Flexible · Self-Directed · Enthusiastic
- Nurture personal and family relationships; value healthy work/life balance and time to enjoy fun/creativity.
- Pursue self-development; established morning meditation practice and actively cultivate my intuition and spiritual life.
- Extend myself beyond my shy, introverted tendencies.
- Published 2 books of quotes by women in both Kindle and print formats; over 7,000 Kindle downloads!
- Left full-time employment and started own businesses; met challenges of self-employment and reinvented businesses to meet changing markets.
- As single parent, raised two great children to adulthood.
- In early married life, navigated 5 major moves across country within 8 years.
- First person in my family to graduate from college and earn Master’s degree.
- Love of the arts, including live musical and theatrical performances and quilts and quilting.
- Family reunions.
- Every vacation with Dennis.
- Annual birthday retreats with friends, Molly and Katleen.
- My grandson, Colin’s birth, and my other two grandchildren, Brandon and Natalie.
- The birth of my own two children.
- Job changes and losses that were outside of my control.
- Divorce, 1990.
- Deaths of parents and older brother.
- Closing of human potential company I strongly believed in; closing resulted in job loss and disbanding of close personal network.
©Georgiana Carollus, 2012. All rights reserved.